Last year, we made giant leaps to make our festival more accessible to more people. In 2018, we want to further innovate for diverse experiences, and inclusive event design – to make Mozfest a shining example of all that is possible when everyone is empowered to participate.
And we need a bit of help.
We are looking for one volunteer, to contribute towards accessibility design for Mozfest.
- Attend Mozfest October 26 – 28! (travel, and accommodation covered).
- Contribute to an increasingly important and visible part of the festival.
- Bring more voices into the conversation to shape the future of the web.
- Work with a passionate dedicated team.
- Passion and personal goals for diversity & inclusion and helping underrepresented communities engage in Mozilla projects/conversations about the future of the web.
- Able to work with a remote team (access to bandwidth for video calls).
- Able to dedicate regular time (no more 30 hours) June through October.
Including weekly calls as the festival gets closer .
- Creativity and ability to visualize opportunity where others might see blockers.
- Able to attend Mozfest.
- Bonus: you bring with you knowledge, and connections to others working with diversity & inclusion in event design.
- You can apply for this role using our form.
- We will select a final candidate by April 15th. All applicants will be notified of their application status, also by April 15th.
- If you have any questions, please reach out to Emma Irwin (or ask directly in this thread)